Tile is a popular choice for flooring in many homes, as it is durable, easy to clean, and can be found in a variety of styles. However, even tile floors can get dirty and stained over time. Here are some tips on how to keep your tile floors clean and looking their best:
- Use doormats. Doormats are a great way to help keep dirt and debris from tracking into your home. Place a doormat at every entrance, and encourage your family and guests to wipe their feet before entering.
- Sweep regularly. Sweeping your tile floors at least once a day will help to remove dirt, dust, and debris. If you have pets, you may need to sweep more often.
- Mop up spills immediately. If you spill something on your tile floor, mop it up immediately. This will help to prevent the stain from setting in.
- Wet clean every 1 to 2 weeks. For a more thorough cleaning, wet mop your tile floors every 1 to 2 weeks. Use a mild detergent and warm water, and be sure to rinse the floor thoroughly.
- Use the right cleaning solution. Not all cleaning solutions are created equal. When cleaning tile floors, it is essential to use a mild detergent that will not damage the surface. You can also use a vinegar solution, which is a natural cleaner that is safe for use on tile.
- Spot clean stains. If you have any stubborn stains on your tile floors, you may need to spot clean them. There are a variety of commercial stain removers available, or you can make your own cleaning solution using vinegar or baking soda.
- Grout cleaning. Grout is the material that fills in the spaces between tiles. It can get dirty and stained over time, so it is important to clean it regularly. You can use a grout brush and a mild detergent to clean the grout, or you can hire a professional to do it for you.
- If you have a lot of traffic in your home, you may need to clean your tile floors more often.
- If you have children or pets, you may need to use a more durable cleaning solution.
You can also always refer back to the manufacture's recommendation when in doubt. If you're in need of new tile call 3D Flooring & Carpet 346-229-5860 or click here to set up an appointment